Entertainment in the Umpqua Valley
You can't miss our famous Umpqua Valley wine tasting from one of the many local wineries.
Here are the local wineries:
There is a growing number of local microbreweries in the heart of The Umpqua Valley, stop for some good beer and good company.
Here are some of our favorites:
Touch of Class Limo - variety of limos and luxurious town cars at your service. Ask us about special pricing.
Crater Lake - Adventure down to Americas deepest lake just a couple hours south of Roseburg. With endless hiking trails and beautiful photo opportunities of the lake, this is a southern Oregon must!
Diamond Lake - For views of Mt. Bailey, Mt. Thielsen and lake for fishing, swimming, and kayaking, Diamond Lake is one of Douglas county's treasures.
North Umpqua River - Swimming, hiking, fly fishing, rafting, and camping galore!
Oregon Coast - Quick day trips to the beautiful Oregon coast will not disappoint! Delicious seafood, crabbing, aquariums, lighthouse tours, and quaint seaside towns await.
Here are some of our favorites:
Dining Options and Gastronomic Delights:
There are a variety of dining options in downtown Roseburg as well as a short driving distance. Some of our favorites include:
- True Kitchen & Bar – they make mean cocktails and yummy tapas, as well as other seasonal dinner options.
- Brix Restaurant – offers a diverse menu, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you can, enjoy dinner on the roof top. Misty’s soups are homemade daily and are delicious.
- Mariachi Loco – offers some delicious Mexican cuisine with generous size margaritas. The chips and salsa are scrumptious.
- Alexanders Greek Cuisine – offers the finest and freshest ingredients for their dishes. Their mission is to provide the community with a place where people can come and enjoy a delicious, healthy meal in a warm and welcoming atmosphere, all at an affordable price. Our favorite is their Gyros.
- Old Soul Pizza – has wood fired pizzas that are fresh and delicious. Lots of microbrew on tap and staff are very personable and friendly, definitely worth the stop.
- Little Brothers Pub - great sandwiches and sweet potato fries.
- Le Petit Cafe - wonderful macarons and coffee in this European style cafe.
- Bagel Tree Cafe & Bakery- yummy bagels and bagel sandwiches.
- The Parrot House – if your looking for a finer dining experience, try the Parrot House, which is a remodeled Victorian Home from 1891 registered on the National Historic Registry is sure to delight you. Chef Thompson’s view of a fine dining experience is simple, it should “combine an atmosphere where individual guests have fun while still experiencing a true world class meal.”
There are so many other nearby Wineries and Microbrewery that you shouldn’t miss either. See recommendations and selection in this binder.
- McMenamins - housed in a 1912 Southern Railroad depot, the Roseburg Station Pub & Brewery is a veritable museum of the rich rail history of the city. Original features such as the vaulted 16-foot-high ceiling and tongue and groove wainscoting are restored to their past glory and period photos. Patio seating offers nostalgia from a time when the railroad reigned supreme, but when a train passes by - hold on to your beer!
- Dino's Ristorante Italiano - Authentic Italian in Roseburg featuring fresh, locally grown ingredients prepared in modern combinations.
- North Forty Beer- A local brewery just down the street for all beer lovers alike! Be sure not to miss this brewery only native to Oregon.
- Gathering Grounds Coffee - Delicious coffee just around the corner from our flats. Swing by for a quality cup of coffee and homemade pastries.