Things to Do
Wildlife Animal Safari- Check out our local famous zoo just a 10 minute drive away!
Wine Tasting - You can't miss our famous Umpqua Valley wine tasting from one of the many local wineries. Book a wine tasting tour online! Here's some of our personal favorites! Reustle Vineyards Cooper Ridge Vineyard Abacela
Brewery's- There is a hub of local microbreweries in the heart of Roseburg that are worth a stop for some good beer and good company. Here is some of our favorites: Old 99 Brewing Draper Brewing Two Shy Brewing North Forty Backside Brewery
Crater Lake- Adventure down to Americas deepest lake just a couple hours south of Roseburg. With endless hiking trails and beautiful photo opportunities of the lake, this is a southern Oregon must!
Diamond Lake- For views of Mt. Bailey, Mt. Thielson and lake for fishing, swimming, and kayaking, Diamond Lake is one of Douglas county's treasures.
North Umpqua River- Swimming, hiking, fly fishing, rafting, and camping galore!
Oregon Coast- Quick day trips to the beautiful Oregon coast will not disappoint! Delicious seafood, crabbing, aquariums, lighthouse tours, and quaint seaside towns await.
Seven Feathers Casino- Stop by southern Oregon's most famous casino for endless entertainment!
Music on the Half Shell -During the summer, enjoy live music at our local Stewart Park every Tuesday night! Just bring a blanket and chairs to enjoy great music and food truck vendors!
Riverbend Live- Find more free concerts just down the road about 10 minutes away at Riverbend live in Winston, Oregon.
Arts Festival - During June every year, enjoy dozens of unique arts and crafts vendors, live music and delicious food trucks. Fun for the whole family.
Graffiti Weekend - During July, don't miss out on this premier car show event, which began in 1982 and gets bigger every year.
Festival of Lights - An annual Holiday 25+ year tradition, opening mid November through January 1 each year. Visitors enjoy 90 light displays containing nearly 500,000 lights, drawing about 25,000 visitors each year.
Right on the edge of Crater Lake National Park is Mt. Bailey - just a skip and hop from Roseburg and Mt. Bailey is the country's longest running back country skiing operation. Cat ski Mt. Bailey is only open to 12 skiers per day and reservations are required at 1-800-733-7593 ext. 222 or www.catskibailey.com.
JANUARY THROUGH MARCH 2019 HIGHLIGHTS - for all events during these months and others, visit this link Upcoming Events-Visit Roseburg
Visit The Great Umpqua for suggested itineraries and things to do in the great Umpqua Valley.
Dining Options and Gastronomic Delights:
There are a variety of dining options in downtown Roseburg as well as a short driving distance. Some of our favorites include:
- True Kitchen & Bar – they make mean cocktails and yummy tapas, as well as other seasonal dinner options.
- Brix Restaurant – offers a diverse menu, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you can, enjoy dinner on the roof top. Misty’s soups are homemade daily and are delicious.
- Mariachi Loco – offers some delicious Mexican cuisine with generous size margaritas. The chips and salsa are scrumptious.
- Alexanders Greek Cuisine – offers the finest and freshest ingredients for their dishes. Their mission is to provide the community with a place where people can come and enjoy a delicious, healthy meal in a warm and welcoming atmosphere, all at an affordable price. Our favorite is their Gyros.
- Old Soul Pizza – has wood fired pizzas that are fresh and delicious. Lots of microbrew on tap and staff are very personable and friendly, definitely worth the stop.
- Little Brothers Pub - great sandwiches and sweet potato fries.
- Le Petit Cafe - wonderful macarons and coffee in this European style cafe.
- Bagel Tree Cafe & Bakery- yummy bagels and bagel sandwiches.
- The Parrot House – if your looking for a finer dining experience, try the Parrot House, which is a remodeled Victorian Home from 1891 registered on the National Historic Registry is sure to delight you. Chef Thompson’s view of a fine dining experience is simple, it should “combine an atmosphere where individual guests have fun while still experiencing a true world class meal.”
There are so many other nearby Wineries and Microbrewery that you shouldn’t miss either. See recommendations and selection in this binder.
- McMenamins - housed in a 1912 Southern Railroad depot, the Roseburg Station Pub & Brewery is a veritable museum of the rich rail history of the city. Original features such as the vaulted 16-foot-high ceiling and tongue and groove wainscoting are restored to their past glory and period photos. Patio seating offers nostalgia from a time when the railroad reigned supreme, but when a train passes by - hold on to your beer!
- Dino's Ristorante Italiano - Authentic Italian in Roseburg featuring fresh, locally grown ingredients prepared in modern combinations.
- North Forty Beer- A local brewery just down the street for all beer lovers alike! Be sure not to miss this brewery only native to Oregon.
- Gathering Grounds Coffee - Delicious coffee just around the corner from our flats. Swing by for a quality cup of coffee and homemade pastries.
- Oh! and don’t miss some of the nearby Food Trucks, especially in front of Salud Brewery, which also has delicious microbrews.